One Planet, Many People: Atlas of Our Changing Environment
provides a comprehensive, visual presentation of scientifically variable
information, on changes in the globa environment-both the good and the
bad-acquired and assessed through state-of-the-art remote sensing technology.
One Planet, Many People is intended for environmental policy
makers, non-governmental organizations, the private sector, academics,
teachers and citizens. This coloful and approachable atlas contains photographs,
satellite images, maps and narratives that provide insights into the many
ways people around the world have changed, and continue to change, the
The main purpose of this hard-cover, 332-page, large-format altas is to
document visual evidence of global environmental changes resulting from
natural processes and human -induced activities.
Special objectives of One Planet, Many People include:
- generating awareness of human ineractions with the environment that
alter the environment in demonstrable ways;
- providing scientific measurement of over-exploitation of the environment
and consqueces of such action.
To meet these objectives, the atals provides:
- a collection of spectacular "before and after" satellite image
paris on various themes for 80 sites around the world;
- over 30 environmental case studies supported by narratives, images and
- and a compilation of recently released environmental maps.
A fantastic collection of maps, which will enrich the
environmental section of any library.